For those who completed the certificate coursework this summer, please submit the official notification that you have completed the certificate. Below are the instructions for how to do so. Please submit that electronic form at your earliest convenience, Pam McGlynn (email@example.com) know if you have any questions about it.
This form should be used for students completing all future semesters. It should be submitted at the end of the semester.
Submitting your Graduate Certificate Completion Form
If you have completed the five courses required for the Graduate Certificate in Academic Advising, please follow these steps:
- 1) Click on the following link: https://www.k-state.edu/grad/about/forms/
- 2) Select “Graduate Certificate Completion” and click on “Submit graduate certificate completion form.”
On the form:
- Ignore the “Staff Proxy” section.
- Your student information should automatically be in the “Student Information” section.
- In the “Program Information section, enter “Academic Advising” along with the semester that you completed your last course.
- In the “Course Information” section, list the five courses that you took to complete the certificate along with the semester that you took each. If you did not transfer in any coursework, those courses will be the following:
EDCEP 829 Learning Principles 3 credits
EDCEP 835 Foundations of Academic Advising 3 credits
EDCEP 838 Student Development Theory 3 credits
EDCEP 851 Multicultural Aspects of Academic Advising 3 credits
EDCEP 863 Trends in Career Development 3 credits
Total KSU Credits = 15
If you transferred in any courses, you would list those in this section in place of the courses for which they served substitutes.
- Ignore the “Program Advisor” section.
- In the “Program Coordinator” section, list the following: Name: Christy Craft
Department: Special Education, Counseling, and Student Affairs
- Click the “Submit” button.