Academic Advisor Position
Description: The College of Business Administration at Kansas State University is seeking to fill a full-time regular position in academic advising. The college has a centralized advising model with 7 advisors who serve approximately 2600 undergraduates. The advising team’s overarching mission is to enhance student success via providing individualized, integrated and comprehensive advising services that meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Duties: The individual in this position will:
• Provide information about academic programs and main career paths in business.
• Work closely with students on developing academic plans that meet individual student’s needs, interests, and goals.
• Disseminate college and university policy and procedural information in a timely and effective manner.
• Coordinate college new student orientation and enrollment programs.
• Develop and implement activities and programs to support and enhance academic advising services as needed.
• Revise advising materials and resources as needed.
• Collaborate with staff and faculty in various college programs and departments as well as university offices.
• Serve on college and university wide committees.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
• The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree.
• Master’s Degree in College Student Development, Business or related field.
• Experience in academic advising in higher education environment.
• Experience working with diverse student populations in higher education.
• Experience working with first generation students in higher education.
• Experience with student information systems such as KSIS and DARS or comparable systems.
• Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary: Salary range is $36,000 – $41,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Appointment: This is a 12 month, full-time regular appointment.
The University: Kansas State University is a state-supported institution of more than 23,000 students. The University is recognized for the quality of its academic programs and for consistently producing winners of top national scholarships. The 668-acre main campus is located in beautiful Manhattan, Kansas, a community nestled in the Flint Hills of Northeast Kansas approximately 100 miles west of Kansas City. Manhattan has a population of 52,000 residents. The surrounding area offers excellent opportunities for outdoor activities such as camping, boating, hunting, fishing, hiking and biking. Mostly as a result of the university’s influence, cultural and sporting events are at a level of frequency and quality rare in cities of this size. Further, Manhattan offers affordable housing, extremely strong elementary, middle, and high school programs, and a crime rate one-half the national average. In short, Manhattan offers a variety of urban amenities yet retains the best qualities of a small university town.
The College of Business Administration: The College of Business Administration is one of 9 Colleges on the main campus, with an enrollment of approximately 2600 undergraduate and graduate students. The approximately 60 full-time faculty members are spread across four academic departments: Accounting, Finance, Management, and Marketing. The College is accredited by AACSB at the bachelors and masters level in both business administration and accounting. For more information, visit our Web site at: http://www.cba.ksu.edu.
Employment Policy: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Background check required. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Application: Submit letter of interest, resume, and three professional references, via e-mail to Mr. Matt Sayre, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put position title in subject heading.
Screening of applications begins May 1, 2015 and continues until the position is filled.
For any questions regarding this position, please contact:
Ms. Bente Janda
Director of Undergraduate Student Services
Office of Student Services
College of Business Administration