There is an available academic advisor position in the School of Family Studies and Human Services at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.
The Academic Advisor is responsible for providing individual advising to approximately 400 undergraduate students in various academic programs in the School of Family Studies and Human Services and for facilitating the educational development of students, assisting them with education goals and evaluating progress towards goals. This person reports to the School Director.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advisor is first point of contact with any student request for advising (e.g., telephone calls, e-mails, scheduled appointments, and drop-ins)
- Assist with campus visits for all FSHS majors
- Responsible for advising new students in the School of Family Studies during orientation and enrollment throughout the summer
- Representation at recruitment events in conjunction with campus events
- Assist in maintaining advisor data base
- Keep up to date list of advisees on K-State Online
- Keep student files up to date
- Assist students is tracking progress towards graduation
- Instruct the course FSHS 010-Orientation to Family Studies and Human Services for campus students.
- Coordinate FSHS’s role in Open House. Develop professional meetings for FSHS students.
Bachelor of Science in Family Studies and Human Services or a related field. Familiarity with Kansas State University and advising experience in a higher education setting. Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse people in a variety of situations and demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member.
This is a full time, twelve month, regular appointment subject to review and reappointment based upon available funds. This position reports to the Director of the School of Family Studies and Human Services.
Send a letter of application that describes qualifications and backgrounds, a curriculum vita or resume, copy of college transcripts, and names and contact information for three professional references to Beth Stuewe, Search Chair, School of Family Studies and Human Services, 306 Justin Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, fax 785-532-5505 or email email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin May 30, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. A start date of August 4, 2014 is preferred.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Background check required.
Leave a Reply