NACADA offers a scholarship to help student members attend the Annual Conference. The scholarship is presented to selected NACADA student members who are pursuing graduate education at either the Master’s or Ph.D. or Ed.D. level. This program will give selected individuals studying in the academic advising field or those with an interest in pursuing a career in academic advising an opportunity to attend the 37th NACADA Annual Conference on Academic Advising in Salt Lake City, UT, October 6-9, 2013. The scholarship will waive the student member registration fee to attend the annual conference.
The applicant must:
- be a current NACADA student member at the time of scholarship application or be willing to join if receiving the scholarship. (Note: Student membership requires certification that the student is currently enrolled and is not fully employed in an advising position.) Please see the NACADA Student Membership Application Form.
- demonstrate an interest in advising as a profession.
- provide a description of goals to be accomplished through participation in the NACADA Annual Conference.
Once awarded a Graduate Student Annual Conference scholarship, recipients will not be eligible in subsequent years.
- Guidelines for the Scholarship
- Apply Online **Please choose the appropriate category from the ‘Award/Scholarship’ menu
Online submissions for the 2013 Graduate Student Annual Conference Scholarships are due Monday, July 1st, 2013.
These scholarships are made possible due to the success of the NACADA Silent Auction held during the Annual Conference. More information regarding details on how to make a donation will be posted on the Silent Auction webpage soon.