The Division of Continuing Education (DCE) announces an academic advising internship in the Academic and Professional Programs unit within DCE. The graduate student in this position will assist with advising for students in the General Human Ecology, General Business and Interdisciplinary Social Sciences bachelor degree completion programs.
This is a 6-month, paid position averaging 30-40 hours per week which begins in March and ends in August 2013. The position is located in the Academic and Professional Programs unit within DCE.
- Assisting with advising distance students in the General Human Ecology, General Business, and Interdisciplinary Social Science bachelor degree completion programs.
- Providing guidance to the students so they meet the requirements to gain entry into one of the Human Ecology Bachelor Degree Completion programs of Dietetics, Family Services and Human Services, and Early Childhood Education.
- Assisting the Bachelor Degree Completion program staff with the generation of curriculum guides.
- Maintaining confidential records on students.
- Assisting with inquiries from new students.
- Assisting students with admissions, enrollment, and evaluation processes.
- Monitoring student progress.
- Bachelor’s degree and must be accepted into a graduate degree program at K-State
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 graduate credit hours each spring and fall term
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and good attention to detail
- Well-developed computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience advising adult undergraduate students
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Experience using K-State iSIS system
- Experience with database applications
This position will report to the Academic Advisor and to the Coordinator of the Bachelor Degree Completion program. This position will have an office in College Court Building.
To apply send a letter of interest, your resume and three references to:
Academic and Professional Programs
Division of Continuing Education
1615 Anderson Avenue, Suite 118
Manhattan, KS 66502
Call 785-532-5644 with questions.
This position is not associating with the K-State academic advising graduate program. Please address questions to the contact above.